You play a secret agent infiltrating a top-secret neuroscience research facility. Your mission: to track down and root out the Nanobots that have invaded the brains of the scientists there. If you fail, the Nanobots and the secret entity that spawned them will take over the earth, reprogramming the human brain into docile submission.
You use detective work and a medically-based diagnostic process to isolate which parts
of each scientist's brain the Nanobots have invaded. Then you shrink down and enter the fantastical environments of the major structures of the brain.
In the process of playing the game you will:
- Gain a new sense of wonder and appreciation for your own brain.
- Understand the basic structures and functions of the brain.
- Understand that all the parts of the brain work together, frequently simultaneously and in parallel.
- Know that the fundamental units and processes of the brain are the neuron and the synapse.
- Grasp that, as adolescents, your own brains are undergoing a multitude of changes, and these changes help to explain some of the challenges (mood swings, sleep rhythms) you may be experiencing.
- Realize that it's vitally necessary to protect your brains from injury and to keep it in good health.
- Appreciate what an amazing and vital organ the human brain is — far more
complex and adaptable than any computer.